Monday, April 17, 2017

Mixed Media Tag With Sympathy

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Sympathy Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz
Hello, my dear blog friends, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. This week, at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our theme is "SPLASH IT ON". You may incorporate water into your project. It also can be an image of water, or water colouring, or splashing water onto your creation. I am looking forward to seeing what you make!

I created a mixed media tag using Daniel Smith Watercolors on the background and adding sentiment with Simon Says Stamp Handlettered Greeting Wafer Die.

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Sympathy Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz

On the background of this size 8 tag, I first applied Daniel Smith watercolors with red and yellow colors over Tim Holtz layering stencil using a water brush. After it was dry, I applied some green colors over the stencil on the tag. The third layer was the splash of yellow watercolor on the tag. 

I stamp the some text print on the background using Tim Holtz stamp and Simon Says Ink Pad. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Sympathy Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz

To create some texture, I applied the modeling paste over Tim Holtz mini stencil using a palette knife.      Some rub on leave images were added after the modeling paste was dry. The sentiment was die cut with Simon Says Greeting Wafer Die, and pasted using the Tombow Mono Glue. I also added more sentiment with Tim Holtz stickers. 

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Sympathy Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz

The metal hears were colored with Distress Paints. I distressed the edges of the tag using Tim Holtz Distress Paint, too. I really enjoyed playing with watercolors and love the beautiful vibrant effect that    Daniel Smith watercolors blended. 

I hope you like this tag and got inspired to create your project with some splash on. Join us and share your creation on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week!

Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts Mixed Media Tag Sympathy Simon Says Stamp Tim Holtz

Supply List:





Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeYou might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in. Have fun!

I really appreciate you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.


Meihsia ^_^




new-instagram-icon22



Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!


SaveSave

14 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the background on your tag, Meishia. The colors and use of white really make everything pop. Love it!

Cathie ♥

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful tag Meihsia! I love the watercolor background, red hearts and labels with words on top.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Stunning Tag! Love the vibrant colors and the white you left!! Love love love it!

Macarena said...

This is such a lovely tag. The background colors are amazing and so wild. Hugs, Marzena.

Linda Kunsman said...

a really pretty and delicate looking tag. Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Stunning tag! Love the mixed media that you do so well :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW, this is so pretty ❤️ A beautiful tag Meihsia, 😍

Luv
Lols x x x

Beulah Bee said...

Thank you for the spotlight nomination. I haven't commented much lately but I have noticed the many brilliant tags you've made. This one is equally beautiful. You have a knack for blending sharp with soft and I find it so appealing.

Maura said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the wonderful colors you are getting with those watercolors! Beautifully made and I can see the love you put into it, Meihsia. hugs, Maura

Words and Pictures said...

The delicate black floral silhouettes work so beautifully with the uplifting colours and white space - this is lovely as a sympathy card.
Alison x

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous tag, Meihsia and I love all the colours and the embellishments which really pop against the bright, vibrant background! :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful background to set off those flowers and hearts...hugs kath xxx

Barbara said...

Amazing tag! Especially I love the way you used this stencil and the bold colors! Barbara

Greta said...

Beautiful background & love the silhouette images!